The internet today is already crowded with a lot of people diving into SEO. With that, many might also not be able to stand out because of the competition that’s rising. To cope up with the day-to-day developing technology, we will help you with the top techniques and strategies that will definitely help you succeed in 2018.
DO AN IN-DEPTH TOPIC COVERAGE
Do not ever think that SEO is dead. It is not and it is evolving. With evolving comes change. Since day one, we were taught about using keywords and believe it or not, it is still effective these days. However, from the ordinary keyword search, it has also evolved as semantic searching and Google graph. This will allow Google to interpret searches regardless of how it is phrased, but most importantly, center around a topic, not a keyword.
RE-OPTIMIZE AN EXISTING CONTENT
You may be the type of website owner who makes it sure that a new article or content is always being published. Guess what, you may be missing something. Once an article is published online, many would tend to forget about it and move immediately to the next one when a new article comes on, forgetting that it might be a great article. Do a content audit, review the past ones you have published and look for pieces that can be revised, merged, or removed and then publish it again.
HAVE A LINKABLE ASSET DEVELOPMENT AND PROMOTION
Secure a linkable asset – a content that effectively attracts backlinks from other websites. The development of a linkable asset is actually simple and straightforward. Just create a unique, attention-catching, and relevant content for your target audience. Once you have already done this, proceed to promotion. This basically comes in two different strategies: outreach and paid promotion. Outreach means reaching out to third parties that may have the kind of audiences that you are looking for and may consider your linkable asset useful. On the other hand, a paid promotion is done by paying a third party who has the audiences that you want to advertise your linkable asset.
The volume of traffic a website receive summarizes its success. Sites that sell rely heavily on visitors. And those sites that have good results in search engines will get more visitors. In order to make this, you have to apply proper SEO techniques to your websites.
How can SEO lead you to boost your required ranking? Read on to learn about optimizing your site.
- You should always be patient while working on boosting your website ranking. Bear in mind that you will not see any huge traffic overnight. It will take a while if your site is a brand new site. You need to build a good name, and it will take time.
- Keep your site content entertaining and informative as this will drive the audience to your website too. Little articles like this will help propel your search engine rankings.
- Using product feed can contribute to reaching new customers. Feeds can contain details about your business such as prices and product descriptions. Submit your blog posts to shopping comparison websites and to the major search engines.
- Always opt for a descriptive title tag to make sure that search engines can best understand the content of your page. Do not exceed 60 characters or more on making your title tags.
- Consider article exchange service rather exchanging links. Article exchange means posting a full article done by the owner of another site. They will then be doing the same thing with the articles done by you. This idea is often useful rather that exchanging links. Another advantage is that both websites get new content.
- Try entering the podcast arena. Podcasts are video or an audio program, or sometimes streamed live. They contain timely, and relevant information consumers would want to listen to or view. You will then provide descriptions connected to your podcast post. This is to make sure that search engine spiders can index them properly for ranking.
- Use the longer forms of keywords to generate more hits on a search engine hits. Keyword stemming is used by a strategy that some search engines use. For example, choosing “bookkeeper” as one of your keywords means that people who type in “bookkeepers” or “bookkeeping” may not be directed to your website. If you are using a search engine that uses keyword stemming, then your site will be included in the searches that include the shorter form of the word as well.
- If you simply provide the same information that visitors can find on many other websites, it is better to include material that stands apart from that offered by other websites. People who like what they read the first time they visit your site when you have something interesting and unique to offer.
- Don’t place a bunch of links on a page. Blend them in with the content. Pages filled with only links tend to be ranked poorly by search engines don’t rank them highly.
To conclude, the more relevant your website and its content to your targeted audience and reliable to search engine indexes the more conversions you are to expect. SEO can make a huge difference. By using the tips and tricks above, you can get the most from your search engine optimization strategies.
As a newbie to search engine optimization (SEO) you must know that there is no magical way to rank your site on the first page of Google, Yahoo or Bing. Complex algorithms administer search engines, and it takes a lot of effort and time to “encourage” them that your page or website deserves one of the top spots.
Here are the three ways to boost your website on Google:
1. Page Titles and Description
One of the important aspects of SEO is Page titles. Precise page titles for low volume keywords can offer you a competitive lead in search results. The most significant characteristics of a page title are: every page needs to have a genuine page title that precisely describes the page’s content; needs to be descriptive and brief and help the user to know and understand what the page is all about.
Also, a page’s description meta tag is very necessary. It provides Google, users, and other search engines a quick review of what the page is all about. Google may decide to use a part of your page’s content or might select to show what you type in the description as snippets for your page.
In other words, it does not mean what you write in the description will show in the snippet. The instructions for writing a good description are: prevent repeating the title in the description; don’t add too many keywords; always give a unique description for all post, pages, products of your website; try to use the description as a mean to “advertise” your page to the reader so that they will click on your title and visit the page, and maintain the size between 150-160 characters.
2. Permanent Link Structure
The permanent link structure describes the format of URLS for individual or pages of a website. It is shown in the browser address bar and in the search result. Guidelines for optimized link structure are the following: use hyphens to separated the words that make up an Url; make URLs easy and simple to understand for users and engines; avoid lengthy URLs with irrelevant information and use words that describe what the page is all about but avoid keyword stuffing.
A breadcrumb is a set of links at the top of the page that aid navigation. Make sure that you have a breadcrumb in all your internal pages. If you are using WordPress, there are several free plug-ins to create a breadcrumb.